2nd Deployment 2012-2013 IS NOW COMPLETE!

.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Contact with Clayton

Today was a good day despite the rainy dreary weather. After a couple of delays Clayton left the United States a few days ago. I was very happy and surprised to hear from him today. Barry and I had 2 video chats with him. To hear his voice was great, to see his face was wonderful.


Technology may allow me to retain some of my sanity during this long year ahead of us. I could not imagine being an Army Mom at any other time. It was hard enough not to hear from him much during basic training. To have him across the world, in danger, with limited contact would be too stressful. Regardless of our communication capabilities I will still worry. This is where my Faith must be stronger than my fear.


He will "process" outside of Afghanistan. Where I do not know. I guess I will have to get used to not knowing all the details. He is still en route and it could be a week before he's settled in at his final destination.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this photo.


Here are 2 more photos that Clayton emailed to me today:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! Comments are moderated and will appear after approval.