2nd Deployment 2012-2013 IS NOW COMPLETE!

.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Winging his way back

Yesterday morning we left at 5:20 am to take Clayton to the airport in Wichita. My tummy and chest hurt the whole way there. Barry and I were given passes and allowed to go back to his gate with him. Thankfully our timing was so that boarding began minutes after we arrived. I say thankfully because I wasn't too far from crying. I tried not to do the big ugly cry. Not sure how well I did on that. The airlines bumped Clayton to first class so he was the first to board. Hopefully I did well enough to not embarass him.

I talked to him today and he has arrived in Kuwait. He has one more stop to go before reaching his final destination. He should be back and at work in another couple of days. They have long delays at each stop.

If you can't tell from the 200+ photos I've posted online - we had a GREAT visit. I already miss him and hope the remainder of his deployment doesn't turn me totally grey headed - because I'm not that far from it now.

Remember: You can send your messages to Clayton to galewall@gmail.com and I will post them here on the blog. Thank you to everyone for your prayers and support during this journey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Clayton,

It was good to hear your voice today. Although tired you seemed in good spirits. I know you will be glad to get the flying behind you and back into a normal routine.

Dad and I are sad our visit has come and gone. We hope your adjustments are smooth. Hopefully you will be back and settled for a video chat on Thursday. Be sure to call or email when you arrive so I can turn down the worry volume.

We are very proud of you and love you beyond words!
Mom & Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! Comments are moderated and will appear after approval.