2nd Deployment 2012-2013 IS NOW COMPLETE!

.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Update on Clayton

Despite my day not turning out as I had hoped, it did begin on a very good note. We had a 55 minute phone call from Clayton this morning. Just when I thought he may be settling into the night schedule again he has been bounced back to days.

I worry about his ability to get the rest he needs. Afghanistan is no place to be operating without a clear and rested mind. Then I remember, this is a war zone. Sleeping in a wooden shack with constant aircraft noise, alarms sounding, real and drills, and being tired, physically and mentally, are what make up a normal day for him at this time. It is hard to enjoy my basic comforts knowing he cannot.

As thanksgiving approaches I am mindful of the abundance of blessings I have to be thankful for. One of them being God's protection over my most treasured gift on this earth.

Please remember Clayton and our troops this week. Because of their courage and sacrifices we enjoy so many freedoms in our life.

Thank you for your continued prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! Comments are moderated and will appear after approval.