2nd Deployment 2012-2013 IS NOW COMPLETE!

.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Trip to the Palace

First day off since I returned from R&R leave around four months ago! I slept in till 10. It was so nice. My internet is a little more friendly during these hours (when I'm normally at work) so I'll upload a few pictures from the mission I went on a few days ago.

The jist of the mission was that a Platoon's worth of soldiers went from our base to the nearby governor's palace (yes, palace) for some sort of holiday/new year celebration the govenor was hosting for US forces in the area. It was a good excuse to get out off the base. Had a good time, got to eat some things that I hadn't tried before and still can't identify

My ride to and from the palace.
Our HLZ was a soccer field outside the palace
walls but not that far of a walk. Reasonably safe too.

Just in case you forget what I look like, here you go. :)

Yep, the Penquin came along as well!
Just waiting around for the time to go.

Inside view, fairly comfortable ride.

This is us flying to the area.
That's right, we fly with the doors open :D

At the palace. I brought the eagle along with me.
The pool needs water, and some new tiles. :(

Just in case you wanted to know exactly where I was.

Hanging around outside.

A walkway with shrubbery.

This is why you can't have nice things.
When you have nice things the American's invade. :)
Seriously though, nice chair.


And at last, the food. Lots and lots of it.
 

What did I tell you about having nice things?














Thats all for now. Hope you all had a happy new years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! Comments are moderated and will appear after approval.