2nd Deployment 2012-2013 IS NOW COMPLETE!

.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Date & Time in Afghanistan

I have added a date and time clock for Afghanistan to this blog. Look in the left column. The time difference is for my time zone - Central Standard Time. Where Clayton is in Afghanistan is 9 1/2 hours ahead of me. That could be more or less for you, depending on where you live.

If you are interested in the weather over there - which looks to be hot in the week ahead  - visit this site.


I'm still reading through online links to understand why the time difference includes an extra half hour. Here are a couple links if you would like to further understand time zones:

Link 1
Link 2

Want to look up time zones for other countries? Use the World Clock. This is what I used to configure the date and time clock I'm using on this blog.

Not sure where Afghanistan is? Check out these links: [click on Asia Maps]

Link 1
Link 2

Would you have guessed that Clayton's deployment would provide us with the opportunity for geography lessons and more?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! Comments are moderated and will appear after approval.