2nd Deployment 2012-2013 IS NOW COMPLETE!

.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Flag Tie

This is the only tie that Barry plans to wear to church while Clayton is deployed.


I briefly mentioned the flag tie in another post. Here is the story behind it: Friends from our church, Jim & Juna Keever, have a son in the Marines. David has served in Iraq and last month returned from Afghanistan. When David deployed Jim decided this was the only tie he would wear to church during David's deployment. Jim was happy to take this tie off when David returned to the states and he passed it on to Barry. They truly know the journey ahead of us.

Today was the first Sunday for Barry to wear the tie to church. It is also Mother's Day. My sweet Mama isn't here for me to share the day with but she knows how much I love and miss her. As a mother, I can't imagine being any more proud of Clayton than I am. He is the best gift on this earth from God.

We too are looking forward to the day when Barry can take off the tie when Clayton is home with us again. We hope there will be no need to pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! Comments are moderated and will appear after approval.