2nd Deployment 2012-2013 IS NOW COMPLETE!

.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Update About Clayton

It's been a few weeks since I've posted an update. We have talked to Clay during this time. He has weaned me down to twice a week. He tried once a week but that didn't fly.


Barry and I took a week off and went to New York. We spent the week on the lake with no access to the outside world, except for our phones, which allowed us to hear from Clay. Thankfully I didn't hear or see any news until I received a call from Clay, a day earlier than our scheduled day to talk. He called to let us know he was okay after his base was attacked and he was in combat. As I stood there and listened to him share what he could, I could only cry. They were tears of fear and joy. The reality of this war was upon us and I felt so helpless. My instinct as his mother to protect him was met with the stark reality that it was out of my hands. I was unable to do anything. This left me physically shaken.

I know there are so many people praying for his safety and protection. Thank you to all that continue to support us with your prayers and words of encouragement.

Clay's looking at the end of August to return to the states for a little rest. It's early into his deployment which means his second half will be much longer. I guess those with rank got the "good" dates. Regardless I will be anxious to see him. He will be spoiled and catered to during that time. As his mother that is something I can joyfully do while he is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! Comments are moderated and will appear after approval.