2nd Deployment 2012-2013 IS NOW COMPLETE!

.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Updates

To friends & family:
We had a video call with Clayton tonight. He is doing well. Working 12 hour days, 7 days a week. He does his PT during the day sometimes. He lives in a plywood shack which vibrates from the nearby aircraft. [Not something I like to think about].We didn't get our call last Thursday so I was happy to see his face. Plans to leave Afghanistan arriving in the states is still on schedule for August 23rd. I can hardly wait.



To: Clayton
I always forget to tell you things when we are on our calls. The time delay is still weird. Last week, and it's looking like this one too, we are experiencing some high temps. 106 last week and low 100's most of the time.

I've been making pepper jelly and pepper sauce and putting peaches and tomatoes in the freezer for this winter. Kathleen and I picked 55 gallons of sand hill plums.

It's been to hot to do much outside, however, Dad cleaned out the barn this past weekend. We need to get new siding on it this year when it cools down. I think we have tweaked all the new sprinkler heads to where we need them. We also got a fountain this weekend. It was on clearance, so we got it for 60% less. I almost bought it a while back. So glad I waited.

We went to Pratt on Thursday to Grandma Wall's sister, Diana's house. She's the one that mailed you the phone cards. She had a cookout for Lance's brother, Chad and Leslie. They now live in Indiana and were in town visiting. We had a good meal and good time visiting.

Saturday morning we sat outside and watched two bunnies play in the side yard. I never get bored of watching them. Well, that is all of last week that I can think of. I'll leave you with these 2 pics.

We are so excited about seeing you in 2 weeks. Take care and keep safe. We'll talk to you on Thursday.

We love you beyond words,
Mom & Dad



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! Comments are moderated and will appear after approval.