2nd Deployment 2012-2013 IS NOW COMPLETE!

.

Monday, October 18, 2010

News from Home

Hi Clayton,

The past week has buzzed by pretty fast. Dad and I enjoyed talking to you last week on video chats. Even though our connection dropped a few times it was worth it to see your face.

The kittens have been visiting our window sill in the evenings. As cute as they are they really need a home - elsewhere. And, I think the mama cat is pregnant again. The neighbor has tried to catch them. Mama will get close but not the kittens.


We worked in the yard this weekend. Getting a few things done before the cold arrives. This past month Dad has been seeding where the yard was cut to install the new sprinkler system and overseeding the other areas. He helped Grandma with some of hers too.

I pulled the final harvest from my tiny garden yesterday. Tomatoes [mostly green], 2 bell peppers and a handfull of jalapenos. I was sad to see the tomatoes come to an end. There is no comparison between homegrown and those things they pass off in the grocery store as a tomato. I was disappointed in a few I tried this year. They won't be on the list next year with my 2 favorites: Juliets and Jet Stars. I will try some others next year - I usually do 2 or 3 news ones. I had hoped Dad and I would have expanded the little area before now but I guess it will have to be on the to-do list for the spring.


I forgot to tell you that I felt so bad that your GPS is missing from your truck - while parked here with us that I ordered you a new one. Dad and I don't think that we both are senile enough to have removed it and not remember. The box to yours was here so I dug it out to see what model you had. I think I'll leave it in the box, in the house, until we deliver your truck to you when you return to Kentucky next spring. Should the other one magically reappear, well I guess Dad can keep it.

Looking forward to talking to you this week. Take care of yourself!

We love you beyond words,
Mom & Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! Comments are moderated and will appear after approval.