2nd Deployment 2012-2013 IS NOW COMPLETE!

.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Last of the snow?

Hi Clayton,

Here are the snow pictures I said I'd post for you. I heard Hutch had 17 to 19 inches from several reports. I know we got 19 here. And that was on top of what we'd received the week before when the blowing wind created a 4 foot snowdrift in the back yard. It had started to shrink until the 19 inches hit. I'm hoping the higher temps this week will melt most of it.




The left over from 1st big snow



Dad was out of town and I was dreading the job of shoveling all that snow. Thankfully our neighbor, Bo, came over with his snowblower and cleaned the driveway for us. So that just left the porch and sidewalk. It was then I found out he was the one that cleaned our drive a few weeks ago when Dad and I came back from Aunt Vickie's and it had snowed here. It is a blessing to have good neighbors.

This week has been a warm week of temps in the 50's, 60's and maybe 70's. I'm crossing my fingers and toes and hoping that groundhog was correct and spring will soon be here to stay. The birds have been very active these last few weeks. I am seeing the Robin's again. Although they are here in the winter I haven't seen any in our yard. Over a span of a few days I wrote down all the birds coming to the feeder hanging outside of the kitchen window and here is what I remember: Junco, Nuthatch, Sparrow, Red bellied [zebra backed] woodpecker, Carolina Wren, Cardinal and House Finches. In the tree I've seen Blue Jays and a Pine Siskin. I'm ready to get out in the gardens. I have the one in front to plan and plant this year and the foundation planting will be done. We've redone every existing and created a few new gardens since we moved here in 2005. Maybe next year is the year where we sit back and just maintain and enjoy. Maybe...

I'm saving to buy a new lens [and camera] that will be a better choice for photographing nature and wildlife. Dad won't give me an advance on my allowance. Maybe you can convince him for me? Ha ha!

Well, not much else to report. Still waiting on a date for your return. It was good to see you on facebook today. Hope to talk to you soon.

We love and miss you!
Mom & Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! Comments are moderated and will appear after approval.