2nd Deployment 2012-2013 IS NOW COMPLETE!

.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Update

We had a 40 minute conversation with Clayton last Thursday morning and the Sunday prior. On Sunday I had just sat down at the table at the annual family dinner [Barry's Mom's side] and Amanda asked about Clayton and I said he was doing good although we hadn't heard from him in 10 days [which is too long] and that I hoped to hear from him soon when my cell phone rang and it was Clayton. Yay! Barry and I talked to him a long while and his Grandma Wall was able to talk with him too.

He is doing well and still enjoying the shorter hours. Maybe, just maybe, he will return to the states in late April. As long as his boots are back on american soil before June I will be grateful. This has been a journey I will be happy to see come to a close. I pray for his safety, health and well-being on a normal day and so praying the same while he is in a war zone has been difficult. Children really should come with long warning labels. Ha ha!

And to Clayton...
We had snow last week. I'm not sure how much because the wind gusts were so strong it blew sideways all day. We ended up with a 4 foot snow drift in the back yard.


I hope it melts before May 1st so I can plant my tomatoes! Now the wind is blowing in dirt from the wheat field and it's turning into a big brown hill. We are supposed to get more...predicted 4 to 6 inches for our area this week. Yay, me. NOT. The ground hog didn't see his shadow so it's supposed to be an early spring. Goodness, I hope that critter is right!

There was an interesting article and news report about the prison ordering over 900 pizzas and 9,000 hot wings for a fund raiser - the spiritual life center. If you want to read it online you can find the story HERE. I sure wish you were still home and working there.

And some sad news to report. Grandma Wall's sister, June, passed away yesterday morning. Saying goodbye to our loved ones is always hard to do. We will be taking Grandma over to Ellinwood for the funeral sometime this week. I think Uncle Gary and Aunt Vickie both will be here as well.

I hope you have a good week and that we get to hear from you.

Love,
Mom & Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! Comments are moderated and will appear after approval.