2nd Deployment 2012-2013 IS NOW COMPLETE!

.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

News from Home

Hi Clay,

Things are pretty quiet here. I think winter is winding down, finally. Temps in the 50s and 60s this coming week. Dad and I are ready to get out and take a few weekend get-aways. We are going down to see Uncle Gary and Aunt Karen sometime soon so we can plan a trip for the 4 of us...to Savannah, GA sometime in the late summer / early fall. That will be fun. We always enjoy spending time with them.

Dad and I took a trip to your storage unit this past weekend to check on the recall notice you got for your washer. Yep - it is one of them. Looks like we'll have to call them out. It hasn't been that long since your dishwasher was repaired in a recall. When you are home on leave [boy does that sound good] perhaps you can check on getting a smaller unit. Maybe you can save a little money that way.

Did you get your care package yet? I'm getting ready to send what I hope is the last one, in about a week.

Here is the new living room sofa and chairs. While there was nothing wrong with the old stuff [almost 14 years old] it was nice to get a fresh updated look to the room. It probably still looked good because I didn't let you play in that room. Ha ha! We need to hang new pictures now. One thing always leads to another! We did keep the old tables and lamps though.




This green chair is my $7 find. It's a Kroehler from the 1960s. Kyle is going to re-upholster it for me as soon as I find a material I like.

Speaking of Kyle...I told you in a email that Tashina had her baby last week. I believe he is a week old today. Here is Cooper Sterling Miller.



Well, that about wraps up this update. Hope to hear from you soon.

Keep safe and remember we love you beyond words!

Love,
Mom & Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support! Comments are moderated and will appear after approval.